Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default HELP WebDesigner Pre7 Templates wont downlaod/install content pack

Hi guys,

I'm trying to download and install the templates pack via the help menu> download templates function in Web Designer Prem.7. It seems to be stuck at 0%, I've let it run for about 30 min. before shutting it down.
    If I click cancel the program freezes and I have to close it via windows task manager.

Is there another place on the Xara site from which to download the WD Prem 7 template/content pack?

Thanks, scott

Default Re: HELP WebDesigner Pre7 Templates wont downlaod/install content pack

I have the same problem. Mine got stuck first time at 48%. I had to do a task manager shut down. I tried again, wont get past 0%. I uninstalled the program, rebooted, re-installed and the same thing, wont get past 0%. I shut down the Download Intelligence in Nortons just in case, no deal. I have Win 7 32bit with latest updates and SP installed.
    I'm very frustrated as the program is effectively useless and I have a deadline looming.
    Any help would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Brian.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...r+content+pack

Hi Scott,

I just found this, it might help,

Cheers

Smile Re: HELP WebDesigner Pre7 Templates wont downlaod/install content pack

Quote Originally Posted by Smallworld View Post
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...r+content+pack

Hi Scott,

I just found this, it might help,

Cheers
    Part did work, deleted and restarted but about half way through it gave an error massage and said to retry . Also, when I cancel and then go to delete the file again, I get a the "file is being used, close the file and try again to delete it", every thing seems to be closed but if I look in the windows task manager's process area the "mxdownloader" process is still running, stopping the process makes the file deletable again. I guess I'll have to keep working on getting it downloaded and may be open a support ticket. Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by Smallworld View Post
    I have the same problem. Mine got stuck first time at 48%. I had to do a task manager shut down. I tried again, wont get past 0%. I uninstalled the program, rebooted, re-installed and the same thing, wont get past 0%. I shut down the Download Intelligence in Nortons just in case, no deal. I have Win 7 32bit with latest updates and SP installed.
    I'm very frustrated as the program is effectively useless and I have a deadline looming.
    Any help would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Brian.
    Hmm seems to be something Xara needs to fix. I have a similar system but mine is x64. Good luck mate. Fortunately, I have no deadline, I'm still trying to learn engough to do web design for a living.

I managed to get it all set up last night. Deleting the file (after ending the mxdownloader process in the task manager) seemed to do the trick, all sorted now.
    When I got into it then the preview didnt work, however there is a thread here that directs to a xara page that has a fix for that, namely start the prog as Administrator once, which seem to fit it.

Good luck everybody!

You may be OK but I am still in trouble. I must have tried to download this wretched file 20 or more times. The furthest I have got to date is within 7M before it banged out. I'm still waiting for a response to a ticket to get a direct download link because the Xara download manager is just not robust enough to work with my system - Win7 64bit. I've tried all the deleting of old files, running as administrator etc - all to no avail and the frustration is building fast.

Perhaps it might be best to ask for a disk to be supplied at no charge!

Xara support got back to me with a direct link and it works fine - once I had corrected the link given to:-
    a. Work - there was a gap in the URL that threw errors as you might imagine - and
    b. Direct me to the correct product; the original was for Designer Pro 7 which didn't help a lot! Luckily I was able to second guess from the structure of the URL given what the correct one was.

I think the upshot is that for certain systems the Xara Download Manager is not up to the task.