Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb New CMS, works with Xara web pages!

It took a while but the first release version of XT-CMS is finally ready and the good news of course is that it can be used with web pages designed and exported from Xara!

With this cms you can setup and run a blog on your website, sell products with shopping cart functionality, manage users and user groups, restrict access to certain pages, add contact forms and lots more. There's no widgets, no iframes, it all runs on the page and it's all hosted on your own server/host.

To check it out go to http://www.xt-cms.com/

I'm hoping do up some tutorial videos over the next while.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: New CMS, works with Xara web pages!

Hi xtom - great work, that looks interesting. One thing I wasn't left with a clear understanding from your site was whether XT-CMS works with any web pages, irrespective of the tool used to create them, or is it fundamentaly tied to to sites created through Xara?

You don't have to use Xara, the cms works with the exported html pages so you can also hand code html pages using any html editor and use those as well. For pages created using wysiwyg software such as Xara the cms needs to import the pages and make them compatible. Right now it only does this for Xara because this is what I use myself, it would probably be possible to write import code for other wysiwyg editors but for now it's just Xara or hand made html pages.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Guest Guest

Congratulations!
    I'll purchase soon. I could by the way imagine that you might reach more customers if you
    recorded some quick workflow-tutorials, showcasing the ease of use and possible advantages of using Xara together with your CMS.
    The Demo on your Site is already quite neat but a Video-Clip which showcase the extended options "hands on" was certainly even better.

I second that, polyxo.

A Xara Presentation, tutorial videos and a sand-box area that allows you to play with XT-CMS would really help to attract new customers.

Thanks for your interest guys, I'll do my best to get some tutorial videos up on to youtube as soon as possible.

Looks good, but how about a downloadable demo tp play with. Would like to test functionality and ease of use.
    You can make it lock after a few days. Might help your sales.

A lot of software buyers have gotten spoiled by free trial offers, video demos, screen shots of control panels, multiple examples, and hopefully testimonials. I think for a new product that needs to get tested, users might be more valuable that euros.

OK I've put up a quick demonstration video on youtube, it doesn't go into great detail but it will hopefully give an idea of the ease of use between the CMS and Xara. I'll do more in depth tutorial videos as I go but it takes a while to put them together and upload etc. Thanks for all the suggestions btw.

Certainly looks interesting Couple of [probably daft] questions :-

* If I installed this on a Top-Level Domain can I then use it on sub-domains?

* At the moment I have a site where one area of the page is scrolling content updated by the customer (I currently use Zoho writer in an i-frame). If I used your program would it dynamically move the bottom of the page - and content - downwards so that there would be no need for scrollbars?

Thanks
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64