Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A Bug???? eyecatcher widget

Hi

On my page I have a cloud inner zoom picture (landscape)on the left side of the page on the right is picture in photo frame rounder one ( 150 pix big) which is set up to pop up photo. In xara preview + preview in ff and Ie 9 the whole pop up photo is fine but when published the pop up photo actually slides/expands between the zoom picture and its frame! So the the lower left quarter of the pop up photo is covered over. This occurs in the 'real' IE9 and ff. I have put the pop up photo to the front reloaded the page no joy just the same. Is this a bug and if so is there a work round for the pop up photo as is?

I know i could use a picture linked to a pop up layer as an alternative as a work round but would prefer for this pic to stay the same. Comments Xara john BB2 etc? or am i going potty and missing something!

Scruffy
    Last edited by scruffy.thedog; 24 July 2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: text not shown

Default Re: A Bug???? eyecatcher widget

I tried following your steps but cannot repeat your problem.
    Can you attach your file?

OK, I see the problem. The EC Widgets are 'always on top'. I don't think this can be changed.
    However, one possible solution which seems to work is to place the WC widget in an iframe.

See attached file.

If I come across another solution, I'll post it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi SS

Thanks for your input as usual

I suspected it had something to do with the z order/stacking order i have done your iframe example for my 3 zoomers pics = pop up to the right and it worked fine but i have discoved another 'bonus' so to speak using this method which is less predictable but still occurs if you have it with no iframe.

If you move your mouse off the zoom image slowly you return to the original picture but if you move off fast it stays in the zoom position untill you mouse over again. A close up locked zoom so to speak just thought it worth a mention in case users lock the picture unitentionally when moving the mouse of and on quickly

For my use i have put a 'to lock zoom in move mouse off the picture fast' statement for users to use it as a benefit rather than unintentional lock out anomaly.

Scruffy