Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple question about images and layers...

So I would like the following to happen but Im having trouble figuring out how to do it...

EXAMPLE
    Start on home page
    Click "button 1" on navigation bar
    Takes you to new page.
    On this page I want a starting image & text displayed whenever you enter the page.
    Currently I place this starting image & text on "Mouse off" layer (which maybe this is where Im going wrong, but I also do want it to display on mouse off / first view)
    I also have another navigation bar on this page (separate from main navigation bar)
    On this bar lets say are two buttons. "Button A" "Button B"

What I want to happen is when you click "Button A" the starting text and the image change to new text and a new image.

Where I run into issues is having the ability for the starting image and text to dissapear and be replaced with new text/new image.

When I click on "Button A" it just pastes the image and text over the starting image/text and looks all mixed together.

Im able to have the page open with no starting text and no starting image and then I can click on Button A , Button B and it works fine w new text etc. But I dont want a blank page to come up.

I think Im having a problem with layering or somehow declaring that when I hit button A the images/text should change.

I hope that was clear. Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Simple question about images and layers...

I'm exhausted reading all of this.

Create a new layer. Paste your content in the next layer, if necessary add a rectangle to cover the content on the mouse off layer.

Link your button on the mouse off layer to the new layer.

You can create a button to close the pop-up layer if you wish. Create a button, click on the yellow name tag icon and name the button popup:close.

Thanks - rectangle idea worked.
    Sorry for the long post. I wanted to be clear and maybe I just made it more confusing.

I'm a complete newbie to Xara, and I'm finding that this stuff is pretty slick and powerful, once you figure out how to work with it.

This is different from your own project, but uses the layers. Go HERE and click the little buttons over the 'Member Directory' tab. The yellow boxes will close if you click anywhere on them, but I put in the red 'X' to give people something specific to click.