Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am scanning photo prints into P.S.6.with the notion of putting these onto C.D.My problem is while scanning, some of the images come out at 4x6 at 50%size and others come out at 4x6 at 25%size.I would like them all at 4x6 at 50%size.How can I solve this problem,is there a simple answer.Thank you for taking time with this problem of mine.
    Erik,Thank you for your very informative answers to people's enquiries,being an Old Rookie I gain lots of information from reading your response.
    IP

I am scanning photo prints into P.S.6.with the notion of putting these onto C.D.My problem is while scanning, some of the images come out at 4x6 at 50%size and others come out at 4x6 at 25%size.I would like them all at 4x6 at 50%size.How can I solve this problem,is there a simple answer.Thank you for taking time with this problem of mine.
    Erik,Thank you for your very informative answers to people's enquiries,being an Old Rookie I gain lots of information from reading your response.
    IP

Hi. We need more ionformation.

Which scanner are you using? What software?
    What do you exactly mean by 4x6 and 25/50%?
    IP

Hi Roker99

If you meant what I think you meant, you're trying to scan 4"x6" photos to a size that looks about half their physical size on your screen? In which case I'd guess that the difference in sizes might have come from different dpi settings for the scans? If I'm right, the best solution is probably to scan them to a higher dpi in the first place and resize them afterwards. Try Image > Image Size > Pixel Dimensions (I presume it's still the same in PS6). And if I'm wrong... well, I tried to help! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>
    IP

It's my guess, that your scanning one of the pictures in at one resolution and the other picture at a different resolution. If you do this, then you will see 25% or 50% because there is less or more pixel information then the other.

My sugestion would be, scan them both at the same resolution. If there different size prints to start with then the 25% or 50% will be different no matter what. Refer to the manaul that comes with photoshop for info on how resolution affects size or dimensions of a photograph. Good luck

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Wait I'm not done yet! Ok, now I'm done.
    IP