Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara Designer Pro 7 Disk

Mine has arrived today !!!!

Christine

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 7 Disk

Hi,

So did mine (thank you, Xara). But I was wondering whether there is any point installing from this disk if you have already downloaded a purchased copy of XDP7? It may be I just keep it as a back up? As far as I can tell, everything in my program is working, and I downloaded the templates etc. without incident.

I can't remember what it said when I bought it. I can't see anything particular on the disc, but wouldn't want to miss out.

Thanks in advance.

Yup! Got mine today.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Mine was sitting on my desk when I got home today. :-)

Guess it takes a little longer on the continent ;-)
    Guy -

I love these tools

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Hi,

So did mine (thank you, Xara). But I was wondering whether there is any point installing from this disk if you have already downloaded a purchased copy of XDP7? It may be I just keep it as a back up? As far as I can tell, everything in my program is working, and I downloaded the templates etc. without incident.

I can't remember what it said when I bought it. I can't see anything particular on the disc, but wouldn't want to miss out.

Thanks in advance.
    It may be that the downloaded version might time out at some stage? Perhaps someone will tell us.
    Tony

I believe since version 4 the 90 day time-out of the DL version was dropped.
    The CD is more of a back-up 'hard copy' containing all the templates/designs/clipart/fonts PDF manual and additional Xone disc.

Thanks for that. I did take a look at the disc but couldn't see anything I didn't already have. Nice to have a backup.

Ali

Hi,
    also the disk may contain the latest 'update' version rather than a patched version that resides in the download version.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    I believe since version 4 the 90 day time-out of the DL version was dropped.
    The CD is more of a back-up 'hard copy' containing all the templates/designs/clipart/fonts PDF manual and additional Xone disc.
    Thanks. That's useful to know. In which case I won't invite problems for myself by uninstalling the DL version and installing the disk...
    Tony