I have two types of flash files:

The 1st type is a single SWF flash file which contains all of the photos and small video snippets in the SWF. This is created using a Photo-Video Flash Gallery program. When I import the flash file into Web Designer 7 Premium. using File-Import, or creating a placeholder, and replacing it with the flash file under Web Properties-Placeholder, it shows and works fine.

The 2nd type is not self-contained, containing XML files with subfolders and I cannot get WD7 to recognize it. This is created using a Photo (ONLY) Flash Gallery program.

The photo flash gallery file creates a sub-folder under the website root folder, called “PhotoGallery1”, which contains the SWF file, a sample HTML file, and a folder called “resource”. It contains XML files, which also point to 2 more folders containing all of the images, music, and the gallery controls.

When I import the flash file into Web Designer 7 Premium. using File-Import, or creating a placeholder, and replacing it with the flash file under Web Properties-Placeholder, it does not work. If I create a placeholder and replace with the appropriate HTML code, it still does not work.

FYI: the placeholder is in the MouseOff layer, and is unlocked and visible. Obviously, the icon in the Page and Layer Gallery does not show, as with the 1st type of self-contained flash file.

Only when displaying through Internet Explorer does this display properly, whether clicking directly on the SWF or the HTML File. As I said, when placing the code into WD7 from the HTML file (I create a placeholder and replace with the appropriate HTML code), it still does not work.

WD7 appears not to recognize the XML files or supporting folders containing the resources. Any thoughts on how to solve this dilemma? Unfortunately, the Photo (ONLY) Flash Gallery program that contains the flash file with supporting XML does not offer the option to make the flash file self-contained.

How can I get this to work in WD7?

Thanks & God Bless!