Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Reproducing the spread-nib/brush-effect

I can't seem to create an increase in width (with either pen or brush) when using my wacom bamboo tablet in corel painter. There doesn't appear to be a setting for this in the bamboo software itself. What do I do?
    IP

Default Re: Reproducing the spread-nib/brush-effect

I don't think the bamboo supports this - you could try changing the brush setting to use direction instead of pressure then the size should increase in the direction you move the stylus.

Christine
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by SPOGADOG View Post
    I can't seem to create an increase in width (with either pen or brush) when using my wacom bamboo tablet in corel painter. There doesn't appear to be a setting for this in the bamboo software itself. What do I do?
    Hi,

It's been ages since I posted here!

I'd be surprised if the Wacom Bamboo tablets didn't support Pressure Expression since that was one of the first of only two or three Expression options way back when Wacom tablets were much less sophisticated.

SPOGADOG,

You might try using the Pens' Scratchboard Tool variant to test. In its default state it should allow you to paint thick and thin lines using Pressure.

If it doesn't, try resetting your Brush Tracking (after noting the current settings in case you want to go back to them), using more than your normal hand pressure.

Then, it should be easy to get thick and thin strokes without a lot of effort.

I'll see if I can find out on the Wacom site what Expression options the Bamboo tablet supports, then post here (providing I can remember).
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Just finished talking with a tech guy at Wacom. He confirmed that Bamboo tablets do support Pressure.

I read him your initial e-mail and he thinks it might require another solution which I think he's either going to e-mail me or post in this thread. Either way, I hope to have an answer for you soon.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP