Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gary,

making comments in the form of a question. Didn't know that was a Canadian thing, but I am probably not as observant as you are.

What I have noticed about me after being in this forum is finding myself spelling things in the Kings English vs. the American form. Please note that spelling is my worse fault, next to punctuation mostly because I have dyslexia.

Since the spelling of a great percentage of English words has to be memorized because they make no sense at all this is where I go awary because I can't hold the image of the word in my head correctly.

Now I would like to issue a huge congratulations to everyone in this forum who is contributing to the forum in Enlish when English is not their native language. I certainly appreciate how difficult this must be and am sure that most of the people who English is their native tongue are problably also in awe of you. The English language is illogical and it is much easier to learn any other language on earth than English.

Guten Nacht,
    Frau Assony

[This message was edited by Judi A on May 29, 2001 at 08:15.]

I appreciate both of your creations. Speaking of antique jewelry, my mother has an ivory necklace worth a fortune. I should dig it out of the safety deposit box and try to reproduce it in XaraX. It is mostly beads, but it has, at regular intervals, very finely hand-carved carnation-type flowers. It was handed down to mom from a few generations back.

Wow and wow again - I love these - very inspirational - Penny

Thanks Penny. Hey Bcdeb that would be great to see a Xara reproduction of a Ivory necklace, I am assuming it has high detail carving.

One of my life's little tramatic moments was the theft of my meager jewlery collection about 20 years ago. One of the pieces taken was a Cameo I treasured, not because of it's $$ value but because I purchased it on a limited budget as a teenager on a trip to Italy so it had high sentimental vaule.

Maybe a Cameo would be a good subject matter.

You going to try it?

Yes the carnation-like flowers are carved in intricate detail. That will be my next Xara project, after Gary's June tutorial of course!

Liked the box.(and the bracelet ofcourse, It sits nicely inside.)I see a bit of shadow on the white satine rim.Just a thought if instead if black like bottom if you had a different color, shadow of the bracelete would be more clear.
    N

Boy do I hear you on being dislexic. I know what it's like going through life transposing things, phone numbers are the worst.

But we dislectics make great artists :-) Nice work with the jewelry box and the more elegant presentation of the bracelet.

Gray

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Panfer, I didn't use a drop shadow. Usually they place fine jewelry on black or dark blue velvet so like you said a shadow wouldn't show. I did play around with making a colored shadow but didn't like it. I made a orange and a magenta elipse added a transparency and feathered it for the relfection against the satin.

Judi

I was thinking of reddish colour. (Maroon?)But your point makes sense.