Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default .swf flie doesn't work when i put it in website

Hi All,

I am very stumped. I can make a flash file and when i preview it, everything is ok. But when i put it into my website I get only a random frame from the flash but the rest wont work. I have remade it a couple of times and even just tried to use the straight template with no modifications but it wont work in the website. I have read through the forum and the help menu and it seems like a fairly straight forward process.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue??

Default Re: .swf flie doesn't work when i put it in website

I know what seems to be the problem. The thing is that depending how you have your Flash project set up xara will not publish the files that are not set up in the xara website.

Example if the flash project shows images, which are saved in a folder lets say "...images/flash_pictures" when you publish your website xara does not save that folder. So what you have to do is upload that folder to your server so that your flash find the pictures and does what it suppose to. The preview works because the flash looks for the images and finds them in your computer, but when the flash is online and the images are not in the server the flash doesn't know what to do.

Hope this explains your question, just let know if I can help any further.

The problem is that it doesn't find them in the computer. When I try to preview the webpage without exporting, this is when i get the problem. I haven't yet tried to upload to the server. I have made a free one online and imported that and it works fine but the one I make in Xara just doesn't seem to work. I can only get it to work when I preview the flash itself... Any other suggestions??

Any other suggestions??
    Attach your .swf file to your next post and let someone else have a shot?

Yes a file of what your trying to do will be helpful.
    Another question, what kind of flash is it? Like is it a music clip, video clip, or image gallery?

Sorry all for the delay. Just been on Holidays. It is an animated banner. I am trying to show a frame every 0.1sec over 35 frames to make it look like moving animation.

Here is the link for the file...
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/l8fc0j
    Thanks heaps for getting back to me I am sure it is just a stupid amateur mistake.

Andy

Seems perfectly fine to me HA.

File>Export Animation>(choose SWF)>Animation Options 'Drawing' 'SWF8' '24FPS' Named logo flash.swf

Drag'n'drop into page, size the placeholder to 500x125 - export to HTML. Test.

Here's the result ► Andy's Flash (allow a few moments for the flash to load)

Ha that is funny... Guess I will uninstall and reinstall the software and see if that fixes it. Might also try to update from the website.
    Thanx ShapeShifter. At least I know i am doing it right.