Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Unable to Duplicate Page / Program Error 1420.k.No.ar

Hi, Great forum but I can't seem to find the answer to my problem. Hope someone out there can help.

My site currently consists of 50 odd pages and I have never had this problem previously but this this morning I wanted to create/duplicat more web pages but when I click on duplicate page I get the message internal program error 1420.k.No.ar what does this mean and how do i fix this so that i can start to duplicate my webpages again. This also happens on add a new page as well so I cant add anyt pages at all, I really cannot afford to start from scratch.

Anyone else had this problem, is there a way to fix this without having to start from scratch and why has this happened now and not previously.

Your help is appreciated...

Default Re: Unable to Duplicate Page / Program Error 1420.k.No.ar

I've seen this error relating to the Navigation bar.
    Try this:
    Remove the navbar from all pages (save it to it's own file) - then try to create or duplicate.
    If successful, copy the navbar back to the first page, update it and repeat on all pages.

Hi Shapeshifter,

That solved the problem as you say, make a backup copy of the nav bar and delete the original from every webpage and then paste the copied version back on to the index page and repeat on all pages, it worked a treat and my pages now duplicate, huge sigh of relief...

Thanks again...

I just experienced the same problem. Will try the solution.

I am lacking some basic knowledge here: How does one save the nav bar to its own file?

Possible clue: One of the labels on my nav bar no longer changes color when moused over or when active. I think this is a new development, and may be related to the error message.

This problem seems to be getting worse on my site. This newbie sees the solution but doesn't know how to implement it. HELP!

I REALLY need to know how to save the nav bar to its own file (?? File > Export... > give it a name ??)

And once I've gotten it saved, how do I put it back into my web site?

Also, I have the same nav bar on all my pages, but it seems to be corrupt on some of them, but not others. Might I be able to delete a good one and just paste in a bad one? (I'll try it, but in my newness I fear making things worse.)

Did this problem ever get fixed? I'm now having the same issues and can't duplicate or create blank pages. My error message is "Internal program error 1414.k.No.ar" .

It did NOT get solved. I opened a ticket with Xara tech support. They asked for a copy of the file, which I sent them. Somehow it didn't get there, and they asked for it again. By that time I had abandoned the project that had the problem.

You might want to open a ticket yourself, since this seems to be a problem that rears its head from time to time, and it isn't obvious how to fix it.

Ticket just opened. I'll report back with any new info. or clues.

Found some definite clues and some solutions. It seems to be related to "Repeating" objects. Here's a description of some of my steps:

* I had 3 repeating objects on my pages;
    * In all combinations, I clicked them and stopped repeating them one by one (Arrange>Stop updating), and then tried duplicating the page;
    * Sometimes I had to Stop just the menu bar, but in other cases I had to Stop all 3 objects, which implies that it's the Repeating objects function that's involved;
    * In all cases, when they were all stopped, I could duplicate the page again.

Keep in mind that you can then select the same object and "Repeat" the objects on the new page - But, it makes a duplicate copy of the object on all pages. So that idea was out, since I didn't want 2 nav bars everywhere. What I'm doing at this point is simply deleting all repeating objects and going back to the Design Gallery and adding back whatever new object I deleted, like nav bar, footnotes, etc. After it was replaced on one page, I Arrange>Repeat on all pages. Now I have to go back and individually delete those objects from all the pages that shouldn't have it.

This could be a serious problem for large and complex sites that need a lot of repeating objects.

Hi,

I have had similar problems to those described above. My navbar was working fine until I came to add a new page. I wanted to create a new button in the navbar for this page, but it didn't pop up automatically as it usually does, so I did it manually in the navbar dialogue box. When I published the file, for some reason it corrupted one of the other buttons (which was showing permanently as mouse over and had lost its link).

I have tried deleting the navbars and pasting copies back in, creating the navbar from scratch again (incredibly time-consuming with so many sub-menus) and nothing has worked so far.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? This is a major problem, as I am having to put new pages in sub-menus for now, which is not ideal as I need certain ones to be on the main navbar.

Any help much appreciated!