Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I was just flying my airplane over the frozen Canadian tundra and looking out the window I was awestruck to see a 'vision of the Madonna' in the frozen wasteland. I just had to share...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madona.gif 
Views:	295 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	20045  

What program did you use for the landscape? Nice integration, I think it's much easier to bring images into Xara and animate then to get an animating program. I like complete control of an image!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I used xara to convert the Madonna image into a .bmp that I brought into Terragen as a heightmap for terrain modelling. The .bmp created by Terragen was brought into Xara for creation of the animation.

Below is a more artsy-fartsy image created in xara from the same Terragen-created .bmp. I hope you like it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I just posted a Terragen example in the 3d gallery. It is a little different because it made terrain out of imported text.

Regards, Ross

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	madona2.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	18057  

Do you have the newest version, 8.44?

You know, you could also if you were bored import the BMP into terragen and overlay it onto the hightmap as a texture and render it. It would look rather interested I'm sure, probably an optical illusion

Nice 2nd version! I've been playing around w/ terragen a lot more lately too. Nice job

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

this isn't really the place to discuss Terragen in detail: I do find working it in concert with Xara smooooth. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

In Terragen, I can't find how you can use anything other a .srf or .tgw file as a texture. I'd love to be able to use my xara images - explain how to do that and I'll name my next child "Steve"! (or the name of whoever beats you to an explanation).

I do have the latest version thanks to Steve's remarks about it in the New Gear Forum.

The image above looks more like Buddha than Madonna eh?

Regards, Ross

An interesting mix and results between the different programs!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Go here and download what they have to offer and follow the directions. Then double-click the surface layer you want the texture to appear then click the 'textures' option and use on of the image overlay options. I have only used this once or twice so I really don't know how well it turns out! Hope this helps

BTW, Middle name Michael too, alright? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Plus it gave me a laugh of the final image of "the" Madonna

My Stuff