Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating Custom Header

I have created a custom jpg header in Phosotshop. My Xara page template is 800px wide, so I created the header as such: 800 x 90. Every time I import the header it comes in about 25% smaller. I tried increasing the size of the original graphic but it still comes in much smaller. Also, when I preview, the graphic is extremely blurry. What are the workarounds for these two issues? Thanks in advance.

Darren

Default Re: Creating Custom Header

Make sure you save as 96ppi in PS

ShapeShifter: That has answered some nagging questions for me, too! Thanks.

Related Question: I have a new monitor with higher resolution than I am accustomed to. Stuff on screen is often too small to read. I've asked Windows 7 to display things at 125% of normal, which makes icons and desktop text a lot easier to read. I sense that it sometimes has unwanted effects, such as making things the wrong size on some web sites. AOL even warns me about it. Are there words of wisdom on this subject?

By default, xara reduces the imported file size to 500x. Try unchecking that. See attachment for where.

I usually just open the image I want to put in the xara document in a new xara document, then copy it and paste it in the one you want it in, rather than importing the file.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	import_size.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	82910

thanks for all the suggestions. South, I don't have that menu option. Is that a Designer feature? I am working with Web Designer Premium 7. The best solution seems to be creating a new page and then copying and pasting. Kind of a convoluted way of doing thins, but it can work.

@south -- Yes you are correct about this. But this setting is not an option in Web Designer, which jazzman shows in their profile.
    Also, with version 7 Xara will import at 1920px now by default when images are larger than this (you also get the option to import original size).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-07-14_094616.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	82923

Oops! My apologies for the subversive info there. Will try to pay closer attention to users stated programs in the future :-)