Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tweaking graphics at top of page

My site is made using the Writer template. I want to tweak some things at the top of the page (see HERE), but I'm pretty clueless as to how this stuff is put together. I don't know what to ask about in the Help section.

Basically I want to decrease the height of Areas 1 and 5, so that these things show up smaller on every page of the site.

I need a little guidance in getting started. (Later, I might want to increase the width of the whole site, which I think will require me to know a lot about this stuff.)

BTW, the wide text area in the example came about by my width experiments on another page HERE.

Default Re: Tweaking graphics at top of page

It might be best for you to view a few of the movie tutorials to get some of the basics going. In the program, go to help/movies. If you want to just dive in, save what you're working on as a new xara document for testing/learning, and start playing with it. To change the size of a page, right click on the background, choose page options, page size. OR.. hover your mouse along the bottom or right side of the page, and simply drag to change the width or height.

There are a jillion movies, and I hear they are good. Can anybody recommend one or more that will apply to this subject?

NEW: I just looked at several movies. They ARE good. I have a general familiarity with software like this, but need to get "checked out" in Xara. The movies are good for this. I just learned some fine points about Text that had eluded me in experimentation. Good stuff.

As suggested, I've set up a sample web site using the Writer template. I see how easy it is to make a page wider. Is there a way to make all the pages on the site go to the same width, or do I have to change them individually?
    Last edited by Tracey; 13 July 2011 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey View Post
    Is there a way to make all the pages on the site go to the same width, or do I have to change them individually?
    You can set them all the same size at utilities / options / "all pages in website the same size", but not just the height or width, to the best of my limited knowledge..