Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Template Installation Keeps telling me I'm still locked..

Hi All,

I have just installed WD7 onto a new PC I had to buy, it is utilising windows 7. I have unlocked and re-registered the software and it seems to work OK but when I download the Template pack it downloads but says that " The installation is only possible after unlocking Xara Web Designer 7 premium ".

What have I missed please.

Kind Regards
    Steve

Default Re: Template Installation Keeps telling me I'm still locked..

maybe the old 'right click and run as administrator' routine which you should only need to do the once
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steve,
    Thank you for your response but I have tried that and also setting the properties. This message seems to be coming from the XARA software. Any other thoughts..
    Kind Regards,
    Steve

How are you getting the template installer?

Unlocked copies of WD7 will show the download link under Help>Download templates
    Trial versions will not.

If this is how you are getting the installer, then obviously there's a problem because without an unlocked copy you wouldn't even be able to get the installer in the first place.

Open a ticket with xara at support.xara.com

If you are getting the installer by some other means, then you might be trying to install the templates for the wrong version. (for example you say you installed WD7 but the error message mentions WD7 'Premium')

Thanks for that ShapeShifter. I am doing it through the help as I have unlocked the software. I'll just put a ticket in as you suggested.
    Thank you for your help
    Kind Regards,
    Steve

WD6 Re: Template Installation Keeps telling me I'm still locked..

I´m watching for a reply also.

Help> Download Templates >the installation is only possible after unlocking Xara web Designer 7 Premium

WHY ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seremi View Post
    I´m watching for a reply also.

Help> Download Templates >the installation is only possible after unlocking Xara web Designer 7 Premium

WHY ?
    Why Not? Only someone that has actually purchased and unlocked the application should be allowed to download and use the templates.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'm having the same problem, using Windows 7. No problem with templates etc. in Web Designer Premium 7. But I just upgraded from Xtreme 5 to P&G Designer 7 and keep getting a message saying that the installation of the templates in P&G Designer 7is only possible after unlocking. The programme recognises that I'm a registered user. I'm running as an adminitrator, tried reinstalling, rebooting.. I'll submit a support request, but am working to a tight deadline and would be grateful if anyone here knows of a way to install templates manually (or any other workaround - preferably not involving too much downloading, as I'm on the road using mobile broadband - and the downloading has already put me on the wrong side of the mobile broadband fair use policy...) Many thanks.

Well, I tried another reinstall and this time it worked. The only difference I can recall was preceeding this reinstall by some not-too-polite words sworn at my computer....

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    I'm having the same problem, using Windows 7. No problem with templates etc. in Web Designer Premium 7. But I just upgraded from Xtreme 5 to P&G Designer 7 and keep getting a message saying that the installation of the templates in P&G Designer 7is only possible after unlocking. The programme recognises that I'm a registered user. I'm running as an adminitrator, tried reinstalling, rebooting.. I'll submit a support request, but am working to a tight deadline and would be grateful if anyone here knows of a way to install templates manually (or any other workaround - preferably not involving too much downloading, as I'm on the road using mobile broadband - and the downloading has already put me on the wrong side of the mobile broadband fair use policy...) Many thanks.