Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Web Site Publishing

I have started using XD7 built in web site publishing and it has worked well. I have XD7 installed on both my work and home PC and use Dropbox so that I can access all my files from either work or home PC. The process is working very well. Only problem is that I sometimes need to upload files that are not part of the .xar file. XD7's new "explore web space" feature allows you to delete files but doesn't appear to allow you to add files. Apparently I will need to continue to use a separate ftp program to do this. I was thinking that maybe a web based ftp application would work well so that I could access it from either work or home. Does anyone have a suggestion for a web based ftp program (preferably free) or any other solution or idea?

Default Re: Xara Web Site Publishing

filezilla

I believe filezilla is a desktop application. I'm going to try out FireFTP which is a Firefox add-on. Anyone used FireFTP ?

I haven't. But I look forward to your review, zee.

Gary,
    I just installed the FireFTP Firefox add-on and it's pretty straight forward. It will accomplish what I want but since you have to install add-on on both work and home computers and create website accounts on both machines, it won't really accomplish anything more than FileZilla desktop application. What I was hoping to find is a web based ftp that I could login to with a password from either my work or home pc and not have to setup website accounts on both machines. I guess I will use FireFTP while I continue my search.

Does your web host use Cpanel as this has ftp built in.

Miko,
    I'll check to see if my web host uses Cpanel. Thanks for the information. May be what I'm looking for.