Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How about a Vector application?

It is the main reason why I haven't upgraded this time and it is the very first time that it has happened. I also don't think Xara is going to change the way it is marketing its products as most of the development staff is more into increasing its html and bitmap capabilities rather than vector.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I located a working file for the original drawing with layers, groups, and moulds intact.

The sketching layers were removed but the layers used in the final drawing are all there with their objects.

This file is more responsive in Designer Pro 7 but still has some long lag times.

Thought I would post this file as a comparison to the other file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nice job. It certainly shows how useful layers are. It always surprises me how many Xara users don't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Nice job. It certainly shows how useful layers are. It always surprises me how many Xara users don't use them.
    That baffles me as well. However, I've used Paint Shop Pro for my raster work since about version 3 (before that was DeluxePaint for DOS). When PSP introduced layers, it went from being a nifty step up from MS Paint to serious competition for Photoshop. So when I first picked up Xara X for vector work, organizing everything into layers was second nature.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Well. I support Soquili and will also appreciate vector-aimed application. I didn't experience any problem with additional functionality (yet). At the same time, all this stuff like html editor, 3d extruder or image editor scares me. I love Xara Designer for being a lightweight, efficient and professional solution. Nowadays, it's not so lightweight as CorelXara was : ). And combination of vector editor with FrontPage doesn't look too professional to me.

I don't mind this functionality while it doesn't affect on XDP basic features. But when I imagine what you guys can do if you have more time to concentrate on new vector functions - I start being jealous : )

Frip, none of the HTML export features are loaded with the application, so there's no added Web bloat. All the conversion is done on export/publish.
    In fact when you are working on a regular print/drawing document, no web features are available anyway - it's as if your wish has come true
    Many of us are finding the Designer Pro X loads faster than earlier versions, it's still the lightweight application we all love.

(Have you seen the new vector tools in the new version?)

In any case I would not liken Xara Designer's web features as anything like FrontPage.

Personally like a hobby user when I perceived the Xara products at the beginning, bought several ones starting with Web Designer versions and after going to the Photo & Graphic Designer.

As my vision extended in the topic I understood that I really would like the Xara Designer Pro so everything is one. It is very comfortable to start the top product as one application and having everything. I still have the license for the separate ones but since two years did not open those.

I think too many programs these days try to do too much. We use photoshop for photos, illustrator or coreldraw for vectors and webdesigner for web. Coreldraw comes with corelpaint but it is not as good as photoshop. You just have to pic and choose the best tool for the job.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

That is a great drawing Bill

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hairjob.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	90475  

Thanks Stygg.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update