Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Template page size problem

I used the first page of the web template Ex-associate to create a web site - the one with the rounded corners. For every page thereafter, I duplicated the page and created that page as I wanted and saved the site before closing.

This site now has about 30 pages - all created in this manner.

The problem I am having is that when I re-open the site, the top of some of the pages goes past the top of the working area - those lines where the bottom of the next page starts. I have re-sized the pages a number of times but when I re-open the site the problem comes back.

Not sure I have explained it property but instead of the "page background" being like a "normal" page, the background goes all the way to the top of page break. I can re-size the page by pulling the bottom down which brings the top down to where it belongs but it always goes back to where it was when opened again.

This is not on all pages - some are just fine with the rounded area both top and bottom. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Template page size problem

For some reason, I don't have an "edit" button on the above post -

I have found that if I delete the first page background it comes up with the "repeating objects" window showing that the page is a repeating object. What I don't understand is that if I re-size the height of any one page it does not change other pages and the change does not hold when the site is saved.

Any suggestions? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Check in utilities / options / page size. If "all pages in document same" try unchecking it. This will allow different pages to be different sizes.

Also, to update repeating objects in versions prior to 7, look under arrange / update repeating objects.

The edit button is under the post which is why you could not find it.

Excellent suggestions/solutions south.

OK - problem solved -

I had started to use the Ex-associate template but then could not find a way to change its color so I deleted it and made a rounded corner rectangle and placed it on the page background layer.

Then I made it a repeating object which was fine except it makes all the rectangles the same size on each page. Even if you change the individual page, when you then save it, it reverts back to making they all the same size - just as it is suppose to do. Instead of making it a repeating object, I just cut/paste and problem solved.

Still learning about layers, repeating objects, etc., but slowly - all too slowly, sometimes - getting there.

Tks for the help, Gary.
    Last edited by jeb; 11 July 2011 at 04:07 PM.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com