Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Lost fills

Default Lost fills

For some reason when I recently opened P&GD6 and opened the Fill gallery to choose a fill for an image, the majority of the fill folders would not open. Previously I could expand any of the folders to view the contents. Also, the top six folders in the Fill gallery list have (Web) after the folder name. I don't recall seeing this before either. The same folders also appear in the bottom of the list without the web designation.

Can anyone explain how to get ALL of my fills back, or how they could have been made inaccessible? I've attached a screenshot view of the folder list that appears when I click the Fill icon. Yellow highlights at the top of the list indicate the folders with the word web after them. These are the only one that I can successfully open. Many thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	82754  

Default Re: Lost fills

Have you clicked the 'Get Fills' button.
    Those with the (web) suffix are live folders which update/download on demand.
    I don't have the other folders you show. Maybe they are from the content pack (Help>Download templates) which you've downloaded and I have not (yet).
    Last edited by ShapeShifter; 09 July 2011 at 11:46 PM.

Whenever I click Get Fills, nothing happens when I press the tab. I read somewhere that Fills can be downloaded from the Xara site, but I have to find out where the link is on the Xara web site. G

Guess I can try to contact Support and see if they have an answer. It's just strange that there are 18 different Fill folders to choose from in the drop down list, but none of the folders are populated with anything. I tried searching from the original installation CD, but no luck there either. Hopefully the files can be downloaded from somewhere.

I decided to go ahead and reinstall the program, and now all the prodigal Fills have returned. Hope they stay around awhile this time

Quote Originally Posted by TXUSA View Post
    I read somewhere that Fills can be downloaded from the Xara site, but I have to find out where the link is on the Xara web site. .
    (Help>Download templates)

Thanks Shapeshifter for the tip re: templates. Everything downloaded and installed OK. All is back to normal again.