Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing color of anything with text on it

I ran into this problem making a nav button - I need each button a different color. So I make up a blue button with the mouse over a slightly lighter blue, copied the groups and then change the color to green.

All is fine - except when one does so, the text on button in no longer on the same layer - it is still there, but no longer visible.

I have been solving the problem by deleting the original text and then re-typing it - is there a way to not have to do it this way? - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Changing color of anything with text on it

On most buttons, the text and the button shape (rectangle usually) are two groups that often have been soft-grouped.

You need to hold down the Ctrl key then click on the button shape to select just it. Otherwise if you select the group and change the color, you are changing the color for all of the button objects.

Default Re: Changing color of anything with text on it

Tks, Gary - don't know what I was doing but when I changed the color of the button with text on it somehow the button was put in front of the text rather than the text in front of the button. The text was still there but I had to bring it forward to put back on top of button.

Anyway, solved the problem and tks for the help. - jb
    Last edited by jeb; 10 July 2011 at 04:44 PM.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com