Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Phantom button?

Default Phantom button?

Perhaps it's the curse of Jar-Jar Binks, but on the website I'm trying to develop, I'm finding a phantom menace! Specifically, phantom buttons. These are not visible in Xara Pro itself, (can't find any mention of the graphics concerned in web properties),and they only appear when testing pages in a browser during mouse-over.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong and how to correct this problem?

Example JPG attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Phantom button?

Open the Page & Layer gallery and unhide the MouseOver layer -- is it there?

Hi

What does it say in your Page and Layer gallery? (F10).

I am always pasting things on to the wrong layer, and it's easy to see that when you switch the visibility on and off in the various layers. (Click the eye).

The main stuff on the page should be on the mouseoff layer. Rollovers will be on the mouseover and other layers. If you work through your layers, you will probably find the rogue quite quickly.

Other than that, can't think what it might be, unless you have placed some scripts or code in a placeholder on your page. Buttons for shopping carts are often generated automatically by placing code.

Good luck with finding it.

Ali

LOL at our playing Hide and Seek with the Page and Layer. By the way Shapeshifter, you are quick!

Have a good day, all.

Ali

ShapeShifter. Ah yes, I see it now. I had to click on Layer Mode to make that active. Then, all was revealed. The phantom menace has been deleted. Thanks.

Yes, Artyboots, it was the visibility of the mode that I was failing to spot. I think what happened was that I experimented with another button in that position, deleted it, and thought that meant it was gone. Nine times out of ten, that would be the case, but for some reason I have yet to fathom, THIS button continued to lurk, and of course was also present on pages which I had cloned from the original. Thanks.

Yoo might have made a clone of the button or you may have deleted one state, mouseover for example, but not both states. This can happen if the two states are not Soft Grouped.

Yes, gwpriester, that makes sense. ISTR experimenting, shifting around buttons, then undoing the Soft Group to edit. All part of the learning process, eh.