Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok I apologise for sick comment, I even returned back and did delete message some seconds after I posted it but it didn't work it seems. ;-) Anyway here are examples of Xara help. Maybe I'm the only who use fulltext search, but it helps especially when I don't know the right term.

Try to type word "post" it works too.. it's at the 5th line from the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.gif 
Views:	441 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	6407  

I mostly use the first two tabs. It is always hard to find something when you don't know the correct terms.

I read this post previously, but only tried it when I was reading the tip of the day section posted today.

I can change the postion of the text using 1000's in the kernaling box (very slow and gestimation activity) but I can't find the red square handle that Gary talks of - is there are trick to selecting it?

Turan

Turan -- The red box only applies to open paths. So you will not find it if you place text on a circle or rectangle or other closed path. It is there when you key in text on the path and it is there if you click on the unselected text on a path.

Also, when increasing or decreasing the tracking amounts, if you find this too tedious, add a couple of zeros after the amount and press Enter. This way you can get in the range quicker.

Alex -- Great Tip.

rgremill -- I'm just like you. When someone says, lokk it up, I bristle. But as Roman has wisely pointed out, the Find tabbed section is the most all inclusive method of tracking down help.

I have noticed that some sections of the Help menu are ancient (the Bitmap Effects for example) and more rhetorical than helpful. And worse, some of the older help files are bitmaps! so I can't copy and paste the information into the WebXealot :-o

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

me be hub televisor

Not wanting to appear facetious, but I simply rotate the circle.
    Click on the circle twice, grab a corner & turn it till the text is where you want it.
    Bill [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stuck in a tropical island paradise!
    Stuck in a tropical island paradise!

When is a feature a bug...

Thanks for that Gary. The fact that the handle is not there for everything makes me think it is a coincendental feature rather than a planned thing.

A small point in life but maybe worth adding as a consistent feature for the next release.

As a left handed person I tend to draw the open path left to right which makes the text sit under the line! But that's my problem.

Turan

When is a curve not a curve???

I tried curve to text on a box and a 90degree line and I can't change the kerning or offset shift!

Not that I need it, just messing, but see this as a bug also.

I know I could just super impose straight text on top of the box, but was surprised to see any value in kerning had no effect.

Turan

Name:	what_curve.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	4469  

I don't know why kerning doesn't work for you (did you make sure the cursor is in front of the first character). Baseline shift also works (make sure you do a select-all before applying the setting).

Name:	ClipBoard.gif 
Views:	242 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	175  
    creativesuperhero.ca

I'm just having one of those years!!!

Mustn't have had the text selected [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

If I was to dig myself out of a hole I'd say,

"Why did Xara not prompt 'No object selected', rather than just do nothing when tried to do something to nothing!"

I'll shut up now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Turan

[This message was edited by Turan Mirza on August 02, 2001 at 08:22.]