Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help please!
    Please look at my site www.porcupineskirunners.com
    Please look at the header under nearth the PSR logo. When in Webstyle4 there is no white line between the grey. If yu open tyhe same web site with Netscape 7.1 you can see that this white line is not there and looks exactlt the way its suppose to look. If I look att he same site with Netscapre 4.5 its looks totally terrible and not nice at all.
    It's obvious there's some problem with WebStyle and Internet Explorer (using Explorer 6.0.2)
    What is the fix for this issue. Graet product but if looks different in two different browsers .... what's the point. Please someone help.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chickenman:
    Need help please!
    Please look at my site http://www.porcupineskirunners.com
    Please look at the header under nearth the PSR logo. When in Webstyle4 there is no white line between the grey. If yu open tyhe same web site with Netscape 7.1 you can see that this white line is not there and looks exactlt the way its suppose to look. If I look att he same site with Netscapre 4.5 its looks totally terrible and not nice at all.
    It's obvious there's some problem with WebStyle and Internet Explorer (using Explorer 6.0.2)
    What is the fix for this issue. Graet product but if looks different in two different browsers .... what's the point. Please someone help.

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem has been explained to you within the thread.

'template looking out of sync at top of page and siftware crashes.'

So your saying if I revert back to FP 2002 it will work fine.
    If I do that will I have to do the site over again?
    If I go back to FP2003 will that also mean that I will be able to publish from the remote site back on to the local host without and scramling of the theme which I'm now experiencing with FP2003?

How long do you think before there will be a fix for FP2003?

How will we be notified when that fix is completed?

Do you not think that in your advertising you should have a "know issues" section in regards to FP2003 and the problem I'm having.

As I memtioned I bought the FP2003 upgarde and WebStyle4 at the same time because your advertising states that it would work.

I know there glitches in all software especiallly new ones but are these not tested before they are put out on the market.

Please relp to the following and I patiently wait for the fix so I can you FP2003 again. In the meantime I will try it with FP 2002. On the thumbs up side I believe you have a wonderful product and surely makes creating web sites much easier.

Thanks
    Rick
    P.s. you asked for my user name which I provided ... what was the reason for this request?????

So your saying if I revert back to FP 2002 it will work fine.

Yes. Open the page in Webstyle and save it as FrontPage enabled again. Then open the page in FrontPage 2002 to make any additional changes that you might require.

Next re-upload the page along with the graphics to your server.

How long do you think before there will be a fix for FP2003?

As previously mentioned, the bug is in FrontPage 2003. We have reported the problem to Microsoft and are awaiting a response.

will we be notified when that fix is completed?

We will keep you and other customer updated via the forum

you not think that in your advertising you should have a "know issues" section in regards to FP2003 and the problem I'm having.

No. We follow a set of procedures in order to resolve problems which are reported. This is not a bug or limitation within Webstyle. Information on known problems are added to the FAQ and to the forum.

As I memtioned I bought the FP2003 upgarde and WebStyle4 at the same time because your advertising states that it would work.

Webstyle 4 does work with FrontPage 2003. As stated above and in previous postings - this is a bug which is being investigated by following the proper channels and procedures

I know there glitches in all software especiallly new ones but are these not tested before they are put out on the market.

Every effort is made to test all features of any software program which we release.

On the thumbs up side I believe you have a wonderful product and surely makes creating web sites much easier.

Thank you

PLease check this out Created with FP2003 http://www.rcarlin.netfirms.com the header looks a-okay with the sabre theme.

And then the www.porcupineskirunners.com with the same theme has the header broken with white line in middle.

Why had this happened?

Please explain ... How could it be good in one and not the other. Would you please look at the source code of both.

Please relp
    Thanks

The following workaround will prevent the problem from occuring.

Please open FrontPage. Select 'Tools' followed by 'Page Options' and then 'Code Formatting'

Set the Right margin value to be 1500 and select the OK button.

Then load your Webstyle web page into FrontPage and edit as normal.

I took your suggestion and removed FP2003 and then re-installed FP2003 as recommended. I did upload the new page with Fp2002 and you were right in that regard the the issue I was having was corrected.
    But then I started having problem with the rest of the pages in my projec. I tried doing the same with each page but then the software gave me a warning about down loading things that might has viruses and what program I wanted to use to open the page. When I tried to open the pages with WS4 it just would not open. I even tried using the open feature of the software but when I tried clicking on the nav bar or picture to change a item I got this message
    "Frontpage WS4pex Component properties
    Description
    No description is available for this front page component
    Settings
    there are no settings for this frontpage component
    No value is selected"

So now I can't even edit the page.

It looks like I will have to do the complete site over again for the 5th time.

Now you are offering your latest suggestion. Why was that not suggested in the forst place. Is not not a Microsoft issue as you originaly stated?
    Will the above mentioned fix actually solve my problem or only create more.

Please Reply
    Your Truly
    Frustrated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chickenman:
    I took your suggestion and removed FP2003 and then re-installed FP2003 as recommended. I did upload the new page with Fp2002 and you were right in that regard the the issue I was having was corrected.
    But then I started having problem with the rest of the pages in my projec. I tried doing the same with each page but then the software gave me a warning about down loading things that might has viruses and what program I wanted to use to open the page. When I tried to open the pages with WS4 it just would not open. I even tried using the open feature of the software but when I tried clicking on the nav bar or picture to change a item I got this message
    "Frontpage WS4pex Component properties
    Description
    No description is available for this front page component
    Settings
    there are no settings for this frontpage component
    No value is selected"

So now I can't even edit the page.

It looks like I will have to do the complete site over again for the 5th time.

Now you are offering your latest suggestion. Why was that not suggested in the forst place. Is not not a Microsoft issue as you originaly stated?
    Will the above mentioned fix actually solve my problem or only create more.

Please Reply
    Your Truly
    Frustrated.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The workaround was posted as soon as it was brought to our attention. It was not suggested in the first place as we were not aware of it. We have been researching the problem as we have informed you many times and the solution provided is a workaround until we recieve a follow-up from our submission to Microsoft.

I tried doing the same with each page but then the software gave me a warning about down loading things that might has viruses and what program I wanted to use to open the page.

What 'things' are you referring to? From your description you would be opening a page from your project folder or the exported location in order to edit in Webstyle and not downloading anything from the web.

From the error you have provided, it sounds like you are trying to edit an element displayed in your frontpage editor which hasnt been inserted into yuor editor using the frontpage add-in. The element therefore does not have an editor associated with it and cannot be opended.

As stated above you can now use FrontPage 2003 with the workaround. Or use FrontPage 2002 if you are not happy using the workaround.

We will post more information regarding a complete solution for the problem when we recieve a reply to our submission to Microsoft.

Thank you

What you suggested this time still dowsn't work - I just can't edit the pages I created in a project. I even tried un-installing the add-in and I cant even do that through control panel/ add remove. Even when I try editing the pages within WEBSTYLE 4 I get teh same error. It just seem to be getting worse and worse.

In regards to your suggestion about the code formatting and setting the page size to 1500. The site is already at 1500 so taht didn't fix the problem.

Looks like I'm doing the site again unless I can pull a rabbit out of a hat.
    Looking forward to some early solutions.

Please reply
    Thanks
    Rick

I've got rge Front page addon installed (by the way I can't even uninstall this program)
    and I get thsi pop up when I go into FrontPage 2003 and click on the nav bar tp make a change and to bring up WS4 - here it is.
    "FRont Page WS4 Component Properties

Description
    No description is available for FrontPage component

Settings
    There are no setting for this front page component

No values selected"

What is the problem here??

I cant uninstall the add on through add/remove - how do I get rid of it????