Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 working with a table

I need to insert a table or at least create the appearance of a table into web designer pro 7 -- I need about 40 rows with 3 lines each and 5 columns. Any Ideas?

Default Re: working with a table

This tutorial might help http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest82/ It was done with an earlier version but the Text Tool has not changed since that time.

I have not tried this but some members say they have been able to create a table in Word, then copy and paste the table into Xara.

A table pasted from Excel or OpenOffice Calc comes in basically as tab-aligned text. A single tab from each cell. Depending on the table, this may work for you. Likely you would need to adjust tabs on the ruler or add tabs between what were cells.

Personally, I prefer creating a table in Kompozer (free) or another html editor and paste as an html place holder.

The difference from each type as pasted into Xara is seen in the screen shot.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tables.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	82627  

Thanks

You are right - Creating a table with an html editor and using the place holder seems to give the best result. It will be a bit of a pain to update the table but looks are important!

Any Idea if Zara is going to include table support any time soon?

Brian