Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am getting swamped with all of the wonderful tutorial/mini-tutorial information that is listed here. The "old-timers" here seem to remember all of them and drop links in new postings to old information.

How does one manage all of this?

Do you (1) print it out when it appears or (2) create bookmarks to it or (3) is there a master list that I haven't seen?

It would be helpful to this "old newbie" to have a separate list of links to all of the knowledge base that is here so it can be easily mined.

I am not thinking about Gary's wonderful stuff on Xealot. Also, I have reviewed the hints/tips but it doesn't seem to reflect all of the clever knowledge shared here.

ken tompkins

I am getting swamped with all of the wonderful tutorial/mini-tutorial information that is listed here. The "old-timers" here seem to remember all of them and drop links in new postings to old information.

How does one manage all of this?

Do you (1) print it out when it appears or (2) create bookmarks to it or (3) is there a master list that I haven't seen?

It would be helpful to this "old newbie" to have a separate list of links to all of the knowledge base that is here so it can be easily mined.

I am not thinking about Gary's wonderful stuff on Xealot. Also, I have reviewed the hints/tips but it doesn't seem to reflect all of the clever knowledge shared here.

ken tompkins

Actually, Ken, everytime we see a great tip or site, we tatoo the URL to the bottom of our left foot...in very tiny print.

In all honesty, the Tips & Tricks forum is an attempt to capture all of these great resources. It's tough to keep up with all of the tips here and some of the old ones are so buried that they are nearly impossible to dig out.

That said, if you or ANYONE comes across either a new tip or one of the golden oldies that you feel should be saved, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know so I can place it in the tips & Tricks section.

I'd really like to save all of these great ideas.

Below is my email address for submitting interesting links. It is also posted at the top of the Tips & Tricks forum, so you can find it there as well.

cheers,

T

thomas@xara.com

Try search on "tips" for xaraX
    On the top

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ken - Remembering how to do everything in tip isn't nearly as important as remembering that a tip was posted. When you remember that there was a tip about, say transparent png bitmaps as fills in beveled objects, you can do a search for it using the forums search form. I'd suggest searching the tips&tricks forum first. If that doesn't turn up what you want, then try this forum and/or the xara gallery forum. If you are really stuck post a question asking where the tip you are thinking about is located. So long as you don't abuse everybody's good nature by doing it too often, I'm sure nobody will mind.

I always find it easier to remember the threads that I actively participated in. Perhaps the tip there is to actively participate! In these forums everone is welcome to participate. I'm sure all look forward to your continuing participation. It is always interesting the varied backgrounds, ideas, and experiences that new participants bring to the forums.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

An added "trick" to searching (no pun intended) is to make a note of your favorite posters (like Gary, Ross, Ivan, Risto, Steve et al.), then do a search on their name. When I can't remember what I posted and want to see if anyone has responded, that's what I do, hehehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]