Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Are there some requirements to a selection to be able to grow it by a pixel or two? I made a selection (granted a pretty complex one)choose select>modify>widen and the choice was greyed out?!? I can save the selection and reload it and use different layers but the choice is still not available? PLEASE HELP!!!
    IP

Are there some requirements to a selection to be able to grow it by a pixel or two? I made a selection (granted a pretty complex one)choose select>modify>widen and the choice was greyed out?!? I can save the selection and reload it and use different layers but the choice is still not available? PLEASE HELP!!!
    IP

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Hi, make your selection or load a saved selection now open the Select menu and choose Transform selection now the choices in the Modify should now be active.

http://fasolt.mtcc.com/~mom/xsquirrel.gif

My Stuff

IP

Thank you,
    I'm used to photshop and after you told me what to do it made total sense. Just not the way it works in Photoshop. I do appreciate how much better Painter 8 works with PS though. I come from a fine art, traditional media background and my computer knowledge (though some consider it extensive), is based on my by hand, art work. The programs that translate directly make more sense, but Painter is the closest, and best I've found. I've just used PS longer and am more accustomed to the oddities involved with Photoshop. Again, thanks for your help, you've helped my freelance bottom line this month!!!
    IP