Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is it possibel to create your own widgets?

Hi,
    I was wondering if it is possibel to create your own widgets like the "Eyecatchers Widgets"? Is there a guide or template somewhere?

/Sten
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Default Re: Is it possibel to create your own widgets?

It is possible but the process is quite complicated and there is currently no guide available that describes the process and restrictions etc that must be followed for it to work correctly. The widgets themselves are simply standard .xar files that are marked up in a particular way to suit the underlying widget script used (usually JQuery based JavaScript). All the required script files are embedded in the widget .xar file. If you have experience with JQuery then you might like to create a web page that uses a widget, export it and then look at the files generated and open the widget .xar file as a standalone document (it is in the downloaded clipart cache, usually at Local Settings\Application Data\Xara) and examine the markup. This wont help you with various gotchas that occur when making widgets but will give you some idea of how they work.

It is hoped that we will publish a guide to creating widgets (and a basic example widget that can be easily customised) fairly soon.

Gerry

I have been doing javascript and jQuery development since 1995 and my job every day involves jQuery. I have my mind set on mainly programming, perhaps 60/40 per cent where 60 per cent is development and 40 per cent creative. So I would love to develop widgets for Xara Designer Pro 7 :-) I am looking forward to see a guide, Gerry :-) You are welcome to send any information to me directly or contact my directly. If I can help in any way I would love to do it :-)

/Sten
    Cheers,

Sten

Hi Gerry,
    I wonder have you created some kind of documentation of how to build Xara Widgets? :-)
    /Sten
    (hoping to get started on building my own widgets for Xara Designer :-))
    Cheers,

Sten