Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 BUG? Software appears to not respond... really is...

I tried searching the forums for this, but it is hard enough to explain let alone search for.

I have the latest version of Xara Designer Pro7 installed on two computers. This happens on both computers so I know it's not a problem with a specific computer.

Both computers have Windows 7.

Anyway - on with the "bug."

This normally happens after the program has been open for a long time - I tend to just leave it open for days while working on projects.

I will come back to the open project and try doing something - anything really... change a color on something - resize something... and it seems nothing is happening. The mouse moves around and nothing on the screen changes. The first time it happened I thought the computer was locked up so I switched to another program and everything was working there so I switch back to Xara and guess what? All the changes I had been making are now there - the box is blue, the text is smaller, etc. So, I make some more changes... nothing happens... I minimize Xara and bring it back up - the changes are there.

It's like the screen quits refreshing.

If I exit the program and start it up again it will work normally.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Default Re: BUG? Software appears to not respond... really is...

when you say you 'leave it open for days' does the computer go into standby or hibernation during this time?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    when you say you 'leave it open for days' does the computer go into standby or hibernation during this time?
    my home computer is a laptop - so, yes... it goes into standby/hibernation a lot.

my work computer is a desktop - it stays on, but I have to lock the desktop when I leave work because it is on a network.

xara designer has its own screen renderer - its possible that for some reason, as you say, it is not refreshing - the usual answer to such problems is to do what you have done - restart the program
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

happens to me all the time, I have found that if i close the Font Gallery and others that are open it fixes the problem.