Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Major Issues importing SWF into Xara Web

Hi there

I wonder if you could please assist me. I am trying to import a swf. file into my xara web site. i have done all the steps (create rectangle placeholder, replace with swf file, apply, etc) but when i preview the page, it doesnt show the flash movie? it doesn't even show the rectangle in the preview? please assist
    thank you

Default Re: Major Issues importing SWF into Xara Web

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Open the Page and Layer Gallery and make sure your placeholder is on the MouseOff layer. Anything placed on another layer (usually by accident) will not show when the page is previewed or published.

There is an S icon in the Page and Layer Gallery. Press the icon once to show only what is on that layer. Press it again to see all layers.

If for whatever reason, your Flash got on the wrong layer, cut the placeholder (Ctrl x) and paste in place (Shift Ctrl v) on the MouseOff layer.

Hi there

Thank u so much for your reply. I tried this, as you have guided. But it is still not working. However, I tried these steps with a different swf file, and it worked?
    What could be the problem with my swf file that is causing it do dissappear?
    Thank you

Hmm? I have no idea unless it was an old swf file or one that does not import properly. I tried not too long ago to import a fairly old swf file and the import filters did not recognize it.

I am not sure if you can do this but you might have to open the swf file in another program specifically for Flash, then export it.

But that is only a guess. One of the Flash experts needs to have a look.

How large is the Flash file? You can attach an .swf file here up to 5MB. Maybe one of the members can take a look and see if she or he can get it to work.