Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem searching help topics in D7

I am in the Designer 7 program, and I click on Help, then I choose the Search tab also happens in index tab). When I try to type into the search topic field, only some of the letters I type are showing up. For instance, I tried to type the word "favicon". The only letters that I could type were...f,a,i,c. It looks like most of the keys on my keyboard will not type, along with the backspace and the delete buttons. This is also the case with Designer Pro 6. Obviously, since I am using the entire keyboard to type this, I do not have a keyboard problem, nor do I have this problem in Web Designer 6. Any ideas?

Default Re: Problem searching help topics in D7

That sounds really strange. Does this happen if you try to do a similar help search with other applications?

The Help > Search function I would imagine is an existing module that developers edit as needed. And if this is true then you may experience the same problems with other search utilities.

But I am guessing. The last program I wrote was about 30 years ago in Basic.

Default Re: Problem searching help topics in D7

No, I don't have this problem in any other program, not ever Web designer. I did notice when I had the Help screen minimized and placed on top of the Designer screen - when I would try to type the letters that were not showing, the bottom on the Designer screen (I guess the status line), would change status. Looked like maybe those keys were shortcut keys. It is indeed strange.