Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Thank you Gary

Hybrid View

Default Thank you Gary

Thank you Gary for the June tutorial. This is my first one in a long time. I just purchased Xara 7 pro. I used a different car for the tutorial. I really like the effect that you came up with. Very well done. Question, if the car that you're going to paint is a dark-color, how do you use the body color for the reflection transparency? does this affect only work with white cars? Thanks, Paul
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cool car.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	82532

Default Re: Thank you Gary

I think you'll find that it was Madalynne, who the tutorial belongs to.
    Gary very kindly put it on XaraXone as a guest tutorial.

I'm sure though, that Gary or Madalynne can answer your question.

I only had a moderate amount of success but your effort looks very good to me.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

The best way to find out is to TRY IT. Very nice job on the blue car.

You might have to do some tweaking of the white car using the levels settings.

Apply the transparency then see if the photo tools, specifically the Levels Tool makes any difference.

Thank you Gary,

I did TRY IT. And that's what brought up the question about using darker colors in this tutorial. I remember a prior tutorial, years back, that used the hue transparency to change the color. I believe that they were changing eye and hair colors in the tutorial. I will have to research it and play around. This tutorial was a bit different using the actual color of the car for highlights. I do want to thank you Gary for all the terrific tutorials that you do, even though this one was a guest tutorial. (As always, Madalynne did a terrific job on this one.) I'm always amazed on how well you simplify the most difficult projects. It takes a special kind of person to do that, and I'm not one of them. So, I do appreciate you and all your efforts.

Paul

Hue transparency effects lighter colors but has no noticeable effect on dark colors.

You might experiment with the Opacity Mask feature. I think you copy an image then apply the image as an Opacity mask over another image or color.

I'd say that worked very well, Psaumure.