Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Using Web Designer 7 Premium

Hello everyone
    After exporting a Web page into html format how do I get it back into Web Designer as the format that it recognizes like a .web etc? Just trying to get an idea of an flow.
    Want to add my own html forms instead of using widgets or the choice of doing so.

Add functionality to forms then go back to use the ease of placing items where I want them to be placed using the Xara Web Designer.

Jonathan

Default Re: Using Web Designer 7 Premium

Hello Jonathan

The .web file format is the default document format for web designer. And it is the way you edit your website.

Any changes you make in the .web document file are applied when you publish your website.

You can add form code to a placeholder (a simple rectangle you create with the Rectangle Tool the size of the form). Create the rectangle to the size desired. With the placeholder rectangle selected, open the Website Properties > Placeholder section and paste your code into the HTML Code HEAD or HTML Code Body areas (click either of the HTML Code buttons and paste your script/code). The form will appear when you preview your site and when you publish it.

gwpriester,
    Thank you this definitely helps. I see that it shows up after publishing.
    Is there a way to get it to show up in the design so that I can use the designer to move it around and manipulate the form?

Jonathan

Designer won't manipulate anything inside the placeholder. You won't be able to play with the form inside designer.

Okay thank you.
    Any suggestions as far as how to work around that?
    In the mean time will continue to play around with the application.

Jonathan

You can't use Xara products to manipulate and edit HTML. They aren't designed to do that.

Either use a HTML application or learn enough HTML or just use a text editor and a browser.

Some HTML designers only use text editors.

Cool thank you I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Designer won't manipulate anything inside the placeholder. You won't be able to play with the form inside designer.
    The placeholder code editor window of version 7 is now re sizable making manual editing of HTML code in placeholders much easier than earlier versions.
    And as Xara produces a placeholder image automatically which regenerates each time you make changes to the HTML, you get a WYSIWYG representation of the form in the design layout without having to go to Web Preview to see it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	form-edit.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	82530  

hmmm wonder what I'm doing wrong as I do not see any place holder image within the site. I have to go to preview.

jonathan

Great it worked!! many thanks