Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Gosh I hope someone here can help me. I am wanting to change my web buttons to match my web theme. Angels. So I would like to create a set of clouds. Just simple little clouds!!
    Of course I can't edit any of the buttons in xara to make them look like clouds & although my new Paint Shop 7 (Which I am still clueless about) has the perfect cloud in the "Picture tube" - after darn near 100 attempts to save it & pull it up in xara...I Give!!! LOL
    I use Front Page for my site & have only used xara buttons & am completely at a loss here.
    If anyone can Please help me find a way to get a simple little cloud for my new buttons - I'd be ever so thankful.
    Thanks bunches in advance.
    Mel in Florida

Gosh I hope someone here can help me. I am wanting to change my web buttons to match my web theme. Angels. So I would like to create a set of clouds. Just simple little clouds!!
    Of course I can't edit any of the buttons in xara to make them look like clouds & although my new Paint Shop 7 (Which I am still clueless about) has the perfect cloud in the "Picture tube" - after darn near 100 attempts to save it & pull it up in xara...I Give!!! LOL
    I use Front Page for my site & have only used xara buttons & am completely at a loss here.
    If anyone can Please help me find a way to get a simple little cloud for my new buttons - I'd be ever so thankful.
    Thanks bunches in advance.
    Mel in Florida

Hi Mel,

and a warm welcome here !!

Since this is the Xara3D Forum I suppose you want to create your buttons in X3D and then import them into Frontpage or any other program.

There's even more than one solutions that'll give you some nice clouds:

<ul>
    <LI>If you have Xara-X (if not, get the trial at www.xara.com) you can draw a cloud and save it as .xar
    You may import this file either as shape or as button into X3D
    <LI>If you import as a shape, make yourself a texture of the cloud's surface that already contains the buttontext as well. The drawback to this is, that you will have to create a texture for every button. But in return you are totally free to place text anyway you like
    <LI>If you import as button you will as well need one texture for the cloud's surface. But this time you simply type the text for your button. You will only need one texture, but text-placement can be a bit tricky.[/list]
    I gave the last method a quick try and out came the picture below. It's a bit heavy on the byte-side but I found that the subtle animation added a lot to it.

Hope tht helps

Wolfgang

[This message was edited by Wolfgang on April 28, 2002 at 00:32.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clouds.gif 
Views:	253 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	12744  

... and here's the .x3d file. Zipped, because it was a bit big ...

Wolfgang
    Attached Files Attached Files