Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: facebook

Default facebook

Hello,

I know this is not really a forum for facebook but I am integrating a facebook widget from the design gallery.

The widget is a 'like' and 'send' widget. Having created the widget I am asking myself many questions.

When someone clicks on the 'like' do they need to be logged in to facebook in order for the like to be displayed in the facebook page? The like counter does go up to 1 but nothing happens in the actual facebook page that it is linked to.

Like I say, not really a web design question as such but thought someone might have some experience.

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: facebook

Hello Andrew

I have no idea. I visit Facebook about once a month when some person I do not know or remember requests to be friends. There must be a page or pages on Facebook where these widgets came from that can provide better information and instructions. I tried to configure one of these Facebook widgets recently to help a member who was having problems and I had no better luck than the member.

Hi Andrew,
    Did you copy and paste the url from the address bar of your Facebook page?
    If so there maybe extra code in the url.
    The url should be http://www.facebook.com/your_page with no extra code.

You should use the XFBML version. The Iframe version doesn't always post to the users wall and doesn't allow comments.

Thanks for the replies.

I think I need to spend more time figuring out what the like feature is first because I don't think in FB business pages it will allow me to do what I want to do.

Thanks

Andrew

The "Like Button" is exactly what you want for a business page. It is the quickest way to get your business noticed on Facebook.
    When a user clicks the like button a post shows up on all their friends News feeds. The more likes you have the more people you are advertising your page to. Some people have 500+ friends on Facebook, think about the potential number of people you could attract to your business page

have you gone here and had a look

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/.../plugins/like/