Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: User Mask

What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to produce an object that is opaque in the middle and gradually becomes transparent to the edges. I've done it before now I can't.

I paint a solid colored object on a new layer, when I look at the Visibility mask it is solid black as it should be.

I copy the mask and fill it with black to white circular gradient with the black being in the middle. The results leaves a solid outline around the mask

Grrrr.
    IP

What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to produce an object that is opaque in the middle and gradually becomes transparent to the edges. I've done it before now I can't.

I paint a solid colored object on a new layer, when I look at the Visibility mask it is solid black as it should be.

I copy the mask and fill it with black to white circular gradient with the black being in the middle. The results leaves a solid outline around the mask

Grrrr.
    IP

Hi Judi!

I got my thin black mask outline to disappear when I moved the gradient tolerance up to 200

like so
    http://www.nol.net/~athena/paintutor2/tolerance1.gif

PS the gradient in this image deteriorated b/c I made the .gif tiny (3k)

I hope this helped.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Thanks Athena, that did it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP