Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: linux

pgd6 linux

It's been over a year since I last asked (I think).

Canonical the commercial kiddies at Ubuntu (linux) have added a "paid for" software section to Ubuntu's software center.
    I would very much like to see Xara P&GD running at 64bit in that list - just for the convenience of sticking to the operating system I prefer. It really is a pain in the ass to have to switch opsys when when I get the urge to create. So much so that I'm opting to use free open source software rather than the slick Xara software that I've paid for.

Alliteratively task a team to get Xara software working well under Wine, contact the friendly guys at WineHQ who are busting a gut to get their windows comparability layer to the point of perfection.

I've got P&GD 6 installed and running in Wine but the tool selection interface is none functional which is a shame and quite bizarre since complex games like EVE online works well through Wine.

Wishing you and your company all the best for the future.
    quandry247.deviantart.com
    Last edited by quandry247; 19 June 2011 at 02:40 PM.

Default Re: linux

I would think that if Xara abandoned Mac, there's even less likelyhood of them adopting a linux flavour. No harm in asking though.

Default Re: linux

Unfortunately Xara's excursion into the Linux world was not met with much support from the Linux community.

The website is still up but has not been updated since October 20th, 2008. http://www.xaraxtreme.org/
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update