Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Odd link color!

Default Odd link color!

I'm stumped! Using typed words as links, I have set the web colors under website tab to custom colors. I have checked the box that says - use common website colors. When I preview the page the color of the mouse off type is "pink" not the color specified. The mouseover color works just fine. I have turned the visited color to none. The link is to a separate gallery website. I have also made the changes to this website colors as well. This is a new gallery design as the old design and links worked just fine! Any help appreciated!

Default Re: Odd link color!

Can you attach your *.web file or the URL to your site?

Oddly...I have fixed it by renaming the page. The original name was "vacdisney2001". When I changed it to "vacationdisney2001", it works just fine. I can change the link back and forth between them and the "vac" link always shows up the odd color. Still stumped, but I can get the link colors to work now! Thanks for the reply!

The problem has returned! It appears to me to be the "visited" link color...even though I have changed that under the website tab along with mouse off, mouse over and visited! The web file is too large to send. Any help appreciated! I have exported and published as well. Thanks!

If your *.web file is over 10Mb (forum limit for this file type) you could use min.us and paste the link here.

Thanks for responding! I finally deleted all my typed links, reset my website colors, including changing the "visited" to a color (instead of "none"). That seems to be working for now! If the problem returns, I will do as you suggested.