Default Re: tablets for comics

http://www.expansys.com/huawei-s7-an...screen-199911/

maybe

EDIT- I see you edited your post with the worten link
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by woodwater View Post
    it is small, how do i draw a comic strip on it?
    use the pan and zoom tools ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

http://www.pixmania.com/pt/pt/r/mesa...FYYOfAodgDp7MQ

youre using inches right.
    i found them even cheaper here, i wonder if its about this size, i think its in milimiters

sofire is subscribed

Yes I am using inches.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by woodwater View Post
    isnt that a problem with comics,since normally cartoonists draw their strips about 60% larger than what comes out in the books.?
    Or is it easier than drawing on paper?
    That's when using traditional media, because drawing large and shrinking it down after scanning helps hide little imperfections in the drawing. When drawing in a purely digital medium, there's no need for this. Especially when using a vector-based program like XDP, the actual size of your drawing while it's a work in progress is largely immaterial, it's only once you're done and ready to export to some bitmap format that size is even really a consideration.

I made mention of this in a previous thread about tablets, but there's a bit of a disconnect between the size of your drawing area (ie: the tablet), and the size of the resulting drawing. It's a bit much to wrap your head around if you're coming from a traditional media environment, where there's a direct correlation between the size of the drawing area (ie: the paper or canvas), and the resulting drawing. This disconnect, in conjunction with standard pan and zoom tools, mean that there's really no limit to the size of your drawing (a manifestation of Scott McCloud's Infinite Canvas). Thus, if you're someone (like me) who's used to drawing in a very small space, a smaller tablet might be a better fit for you than a large one (which might take up more space on your desk than you're comfortable with), and it has no effect on the size of the drawings you'll be able to produce.

- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Keep us posted about it (Pros/Cons) - I am looking at one too -have one coming to try...
    Tom - Hwy101

pgd6 Re: tablets for comics

Hi people and hi woodwater. I know it's a little late for helping you, but maybe it could help other persons.

About tablets, Wacom's are the best, that's true, but personally, i have Trust tablets that are cheaper and I'm quite satisfied with them and with the After-Sales Service (They sent me one free pencil when mine one was broken two years after buying it).

The first one, model TB 7300 , i bought it in 2007 with 1024 pressure levels and wide screen (now you can get it in Spain from 60 euros).
    After it, last year i purchased a Little flex Tablet for 25 euros, with 1024 pressure levels and perfectly portable.

Both works perfectly under windows with Photoshop, Gimp, Inkscape and with my recently purchased Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 ^^ .

But if you work under mac or if you have money enough, definitely go for wacom!.
    Tell us how it works!
    Last edited by Imagine; 15 June 2011 at 04:08 PM.

well i got my wacom bamboo touch today but it came without pen and i find it harder to draw with finger than with mouse, but im still reading everything.
    it comes with very interesting softwares one of them japanese with similar functions to xara, well, lots of stuff im still looking into, but i sent them a mail asking why no pen although it was on the photo in their site

http://www.pixmania.com/pt/pt/372979...boo-touch.html

http://www.livebrush.com/index.html

it comes wit this software, sumo and many others