Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page title versus URL title

Hello again,
    I've gone through Xara's help section, but couldn't figure this one.
    The nav bar in Xara comes with pre-set page titles and pre-set corresponding URL's. However, my page titles differ from the pre-sets. Changing the Titles is no problem, and I have that done, and my site works perfectly. How do I get the pre-set URL's to correspond with my page titles, without upsetting my nicely working site.

I've checked the Nav Bar Properties dialogue box, and when I click on the URL fields I get the Web Properties Box. The link to page box only displays the pre-set URL's.

It is probably not essential that I get the actual page title to correspond, but I'd prefer it if it's possible. For instance, my second page is titled Career Coaching, and when I go to my site and click the nav bar title 'Career Coaching' it goes to the page perfectly but the URL says 'products'!

Any ideas??

Default Re: Page title versus URL title

You can change URL of your pages by changing the filenames of the page. Web properties dialog, Page tab, "Page filename" field.
    John.

And use "career-coaching" (with a hyphen, no quotes) for the filename if this is a landing page for search engines, per Google

The URL will then be career-coaching.htm

Thanks guys for all the help. I'm well on my way now.

And why would he use the hyphen Mike and not just run the two words together? (I make a great straight man).