Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDP7 - 64bit, large ram?

Hello,

was curious does new version of Xara Designer Pro 7 have the ability to run in 64bit mode and/or have large memory support? (e.g. 8+gb ram)

Thank you in advance

Default Re: XDP7 - 64bit, large ram?

Designer Pro 7 is a 32bit application, no native 64bit support at this time.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Though no native 64 bit support, XDP7 does run well on my win 7 64 machine with 8g ram with no lag.
    Quicker and smoother than XDP6 on my old xppro 4g ram system
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Samrc, sorry but this is pointless: sure enough the app run smoothly but it cannot access more than 3GB of RAM, that is the main advantage of 64 bit apps.

I for one hoped for a full 64 bit release this time, that didn't come as didn't come any improvement of brush engine or GPU accelleration.

Oh, well, Xtreme is still a great product.

Please accept my apology. I am sorry for posting my "pointless" comment on the usability of the program. I understand that it does not use the full limit of the hardware. And did not need to be taught the main difference between 32bit vs 64bit programs, as I understood it long before upgrading to a 64bit system. I apologize for being so stupid as to suggest that a 32bit program runs well, better than previous version for me. I didn't realize it would be quite so offensive and "pointless". I am sure a 64bit version of the program will eventually be released. Unfortunately there are far more 32bit programs available than 64bit, even though 64bit has been around a long time. And many of the 64bit versions were buggier than their 32bit brothers when they first came out.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)