Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Image with Java-functions (interactive map).

Hello,
    I'm about to make an interactive map which will be browser based (-and running through my website).

- Actually I've two images I've to combine, one is 2337x1494 and the other one is 1334x1524. I'll combine these two into one image, as a square. (Meaning the image will be 2337x3018 px.).

This image will work as an interactive map - You can zoom in and out, move around with your mouse. (The browser-window will be minimum 600x480).

Another cool feature I've thought about is:

Will it be possible to make it so, that clicking on.. i.e. a house, the page will update and bring you to an image of the house?

Can I make it? And what programs do I need to make it?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by AboutTime; 11 June 2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Edited gramma'n'stuff..

Default Re: Image with Java-functions (interactive map).

Try asking in the Site Design and Publishing, AboutTime. Maybe someone there can answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by AboutTime View Post
    Hello,
    I'm about to make an interactive map which will be browser based (-and running through my website).

- Actually I've two images I've to combine, one is 2337x1494 and the other one is 1334x1524. I'll combine these two into one image, as a square. (Meaning the image will be 2337x3018 px.).

This image will work as an interactive map - You can zoom in and out, move around with your mouse. (The browser-window will be minimum 600x480).

Another cool feature I've thought about is:

Will it be possible to make it so, that clicking on.. i.e. a house, the page will update and bring you to an image of the house?

Can I make it? And what programs do I need to make it?
    Can you make it? If you're asking these questions I would say "No".

You would need a programmer to bring this to life.

Same as above Alexcosta, you may be asking this question in the wrong place. As Paul said you probably need a programmer.