Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Create a news archive on one page?

Hello,

I'm about to create a news-archive - within that I'll have news from three-five different years. Is it possible to make one page with just i.e.:

^When you click on each year it will automatically drop down and show either all news from that year - or the months, which again would drop down and show all news from that specific year and month.

If it's even possible, can it be made in Web Designer 6?

Default Re: Create a news archive on one page?

You could do this using Layers.

You will need a button to close the pop up. The following is from covoxer's undocumented features and tells how to create this button.

10. Locking pop-ups. Similar to the locking pop-ups tweak in the WD5 tweakset. The pop-up layer which name contains "(lock)" is a locking layer. If opened with the on-click layer pop-up it will lock visible until explicitly closed. However, if initiated by on mouse over pop-up it's not locked. To close the locked pop-up layer you need a button (any object with a link) placed on this layer. The URL link of this button should be: "popup:close".
    (No quote marks)

Default Re: Create a news archive on one page?

If I'm reading you right, what you want to do can be done with a simple menu such as here: http://bridgeace.com/bols.htm

Another way to do it is with a php script inside an iframe such as here: http://bridgeace.com/dailydeal.htm