Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can I underlink links without catching the bullet?

Hello

Please see http://www.jazztech.co.uk. At the bottom of each page I have put some links. I would like to be able to link just the text. I selected just the text but it brought with it the bullet point, too.

In addition, can I ask has anyone had a problem with aligning things to the footer? I have the red box aligned, which contains the white text. I also aligned the links to the footer bar, following which I got all kinds of unexpected behaviour and had to unlink it.

Just wondering how you are all finding the bottom footer thing. It is a great idea, but clearly I am overloading it somehow, and am not sure what to do. It isn't a biggy.

Many thanks.

Ali

Default Re: Can I underlink links without catching the bullet?

You should not get the bullet. Did you use a preexisting nav bar or did you create it using text.

You can use a | to separate your links if you want.

If you created your own text, the just delete the bullet. If it is a pre-designed menu bar then you will have to ungroup it for editing and delete the bullet if it is an actual bullet (you can create a bullet by pressing Ctrl Alt b. Or you can create a bullet using the List Item setting in the Text Tool Infobar.

I would suggest, since it is a very simple thing to do, create your own text navigation bar. And use the vertical thingy (just above the \) to separate your pages.

Default Re: Can I underlink links without catching the bullet?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the quick reply. You have given me some good pointers. I will experiment later when I sort it out. I made the nav myself, hand linking. I have a habit of using ascii characters - a hang over from my DTP days. So those bullets are Alt 0149. Perhaps Xara doesn't like that. ANyway... onwards and upwards. It isn't a biggie to redo or to use the pipe symbol instead.