Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How do I make my two sided postcard spin? (NOOB)

Rough example

Rough example

Rough example
    Attached Files Attached Files
    True love is the ultimate truth

Hello Salaam

No offense meant...you know that normally, I am one of your biggest fans, but these anims mostly look like kluges. (Think of a car going down the freeway with the doors held closed with duct tape or someone with an air conditioner hanging in their apartment window, but propped up with a stack of old tires.)

The bottom one is the only one that looks remotely "usable" (imo) and the moving parts have off-white backgrounds, which though possibly on purpose, looks like a mistake.

To put it in other words, if someone showed me those and said, "look here what Xara 3D can do", my first thought would be "why would I want to do that?"

Peace

James

No offence taken James,

They are quick 'Rough examples' for those who already own X3D7. The purpose wasn't to sell the software but to show that other animations are possible. I could have just as easily copied your XGD example but by over doing my examples (although obviously not as nice as yours) I wanted to communicate the the possibilities available with a little imagination and experimentation. I kept the awful yellow lighting just to show how easy it is to alter the colours. I made it 3D also because XGD can not do this so easily either.
    If I was to use any animation for such a product, I would choose yours (but made in X3D7) but as I said, my intention was to show that you do not need to buy or use XGD (especially not Pro for such a basic task).
    Although I agree that making it spin is not a good idea, I do not believe that zhifi should be made to feel that he has purchased the wrong product.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Quote Originally Posted by zhifi View Post
    Hello,

I have just downloaded this program Xara 3D Maker 7 I don't have a clue on what I'm doing if someone could walk me through the steps of making the attached images spin like this reference here
    http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5...tercitytj7.gif

that would be great. If you wanna make $10 through paypal to do the work for me that would be great also.

Front
    http://usedprototrakmillsandlathes.c...ndustries1.jpg
    Back
    http://usedprototrakmillsandlathes.c...dustries21.jpg
    While I agree with all that has been said here. No one has really answered the question of how to do it. Except for possibly Gary who almost did.
    I would submit a step by step tutorial on how to do it, but I for some reason am having my own problems with X3D7.
    Last edited by wizard509; 14 June 2011 at 09:26 PM. Reason: more information
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

While I would do it for $10, I Hate PayPal (they tried to strong arm into my bank account -then told lies about it) -No PayPal here! Tom aka Hwy101
    Tom - Hwy101

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    While I agree with all that has been said here. No one has really answered the question of how to do it.
    I think you'd have to have no concience if you help inflict the world with more spinning badness.

In terms of advertising bling, visit this thread, to see how to get your point across without looking like a cheap newspaper advert:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...impler-website

People ask for help to do a lot of things, but it's not always right to help them do the wrong thing. Ironically, the last time I did "the wrong thing" for someone who also offered to pay, it didn't even get a "thank you". Fifteen posts later and the OP has contributed nil besides the original request, leaving the TG community squabbling over the merits of spinning logos!

Right or wrong, good or bad the question remains. I believe someone should show it spinning just to show why it is a bad idea.
    I noticed that zhifi has no Xara software listed but says X3D7 in the post.

"I don't have a clue on what I'm doing if someone could walk me through the steps of making the attached images spin like this reference here"

zhifi does not appear to be asking for someone to do it for free, merely asking for information on how.

"People ask for help to do a lot of things, but it's not always right to help them do the wrong thing. Ironically, the last time I did "the wrong thing" for someone who also offered to pay, it didn't even get a "thank you". Fifteen posts later and the OP has contributed nil besides the original request, leaving the TG community squabbling over the merits of spinning logos!"

That could very well be the case here, but we are here to help not to pass judgement.

So zhifi it is basically page flipping. So you need a page break with each page having a different texture. In this case the two different images you supplied.

pauland I do have a conscience but I also want to help as best I can.

zhifi, there have been many good suggestions on what you could do but spinning this is not a good option. While I agree with pauland, I would hope you would not misuse spinning. Still for your own information how to get a two sided spin is something you should know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    we are here to help
    I am helping by not showing how to make that advert spin and I am helping by suggesting how seriously bad an idea it is. It's not compulsory to help someone do the wrong thing or encourage them to make a poor decision by aiding them.

I have shown how people can get a sales message across without using a spinning advert that looks like it was designed more for a print small ad than the web.

Zhifi, are you still with us?

Pauland,
    I respect your viewpoint.
    You will notice I didn't post any real help either. If zhifi seriously wants to make that thing spin then he/she would find a way. It could have just have been an idea zhifi was toying with and really wanted to know. This could simply be spam.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Larry, I actually feel a bit guilty about taking such a strong stance. I'm sure if zhifi is still wanting the spinning logo, he'll get some advice.