Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 7 Premium: Need help ... XAR File’s support folder issue

Web Designer crashed … when I reopened the program and tried to open the backup index file, I received the following error Msg: “Failed to copy the XAR file’s support folder”.

When I try to open what was the Active index file, ( the file I was working on at the time of the crash) I receive the following error Msg: " That file seems to be empty".

I have searched the posts and cannot find a similar issue/solution. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks - John
    Last edited by John Sottilare; 10 June 2011 at 01:51 PM.

Default Re: Web Designer 7 Premium: Need help ... XAR File’s support folder issue

Welcome to TalkGraphics John

We're very informal here. The suit is not necessary.

Web Designer is not an HTML editor so you cannot open an HTML file. You need to open the .web file.

If for some reason the file is corrupted and will not open, you may be able to open a recent backup file. In the File menu, select Open Recent... and at the bottom of the list select Backups...

Look at the date stamp on the backup files and open the latest. If this works OK then save it with your original file name.

Let us know if this works or if you need more help.

Default Re: Web Designer 7 Premium: Need help ... XAR File’s support folder issue

That worked. I was able to restore from the backup.

Thanks for the help!!!!