Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I'll first have to second the accolades with regards to Xara (X). I "have" tried freehand (thud) end of line. Give yourself honest time to learn the basics and you'll be cooking. That's what the Xone is there for. I only wished and hoped gradients would transfer on export. But as Gary said, it is more an inability of Flash strictly in that department. What can you say when you give a great program like Flash, half the drawing tools of an inherently "crappy" drawing program (Freehand), to begin with. My 2 cents (sorry).
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Ok ... problem. Every time I test a scene or movie, it burns a (new) SWF to the directory in which the file I currently work on. Say if my main movie has 20 scenes, and I go ahead and test everyone of them inside Flash ... it'll ceate swf(s) for everyone of them and put them in the same folder. I never noticed this before. Is there a way I can stop this? Perhaps editing an ini file somewhere or something? I can't find anything in the preferences that to my knowledge, will correct this.
    I recently installed Windows ME. Don't ask me why ....
    Thanks in advance ... more ???'s to come.
    IP

Hi,
    I'll first have to second the accolades with regards to Xara (X). I "have" tried freehand (thud) end of line. Give yourself honest time to learn the basics and you'll be cooking. That's what the Xone is there for. I only wished and hoped gradients would transfer on export. But as Gary said, it is more an inability of Flash strictly in that department. What can you say when you give a great program like Flash, half the drawing tools of an inherently "crappy" drawing program (Freehand), to begin with. My 2 cents (sorry).
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Ok ... problem. Every time I test a scene or movie, it burns a (new) SWF to the directory in which the file I currently work on. Say if my main movie has 20 scenes, and I go ahead and test everyone of them inside Flash ... it'll ceate swf(s) for everyone of them and put them in the same folder. I never noticed this before. Is there a way I can stop this? Perhaps editing an ini file somewhere or something? I can't find anything in the preferences that to my knowledge, will correct this.
    I recently installed Windows ME. Don't ask me why ....
    Thanks in advance ... more ???'s to come.
    IP

Actually, ivca, the SWF files are temporary files which are created to check out the movie. Without exporting it as an SWF (with Flash's default settings intact) it's very hard to test its interactivity and so on, correctly. These files should be deleted after exiting the program, but if they're not, you'll have to go in and delete them yourself.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

"k", thanks for the quick reply.
    They actually "do" remain after Flash sessions. Oh well, I was hoping to manually edit some file that would as you say, go ahead delete the temporary test files after a session.
    It's probably a windows ME thing. I'll re-install and try again.

ivca
    IP

How is Windows Me? How does it compare to 2k Pro? And what about to Win98? I'm pretty happy with 2k Pro, except for a few issues (and a lack of drivers), but I still don't really like 98. Why couldn't everyone have just picked Linux as a standard?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Sorry 'bout the late reply, Deep.
    I re-installed '98. ME wasn't much different. I did like the fly-out on the start menu. Got to everything much faster. My sound was buggering up with ME, that's what prompted the change back to '98. I still however get post test file litter as per mentioned earlier, with regards to leftover swf's. It's a pain in the *ss, really.
    I have a question about something which is probably so simple and mundane, it belongs in the "how do I install flash?" forum.
    I can create a button and assign a stop all sounds action to it. But I haven't been able to create a button with an action to "restart" music in the same movie, without the whole movie restarting. I tried a dozen ways, all of which are too long to explain here.
    Thanx, Wayne
    IP

I know it's a pain, but play your music using Movie Clips. That way you can stop them and restart them as needed using a Tell Target. That's about the only way that I know about. Otherwise, I suppose you could just have the button jump to a frame which is identical but has no sound, and then, when clicked again, jump back to the frame WITH sound. Or you could substitute the word "scene" for "frame" in the previous sentence. There's multiple ways, but the Movie Clip one is the most effective, I'd say.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    CTO