Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D Human Head

Default Re: 3D Human Head

Well,

Actually in this case, i am referring to the difference between the original image and the resultant one. How by trying to manipulate and change its background from black to white crippled it and if that was the best imitation possible.

-Xyber.

do you need the end result in vector format - I ask that because you mention you traced it in coreldraw, this eliminate black method is maybe best suited to a raster output
    Last edited by handrawn; 05 June 2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: clarity
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, if i have the vector format, i can totally eliminate the black background and any other unwanted noises from the image. But it becomes distorted of sorts as you can see in my latest submission. Any ideas?

Thanks y'all.

-Xyber.

if the plugin does not do a good enough job in itself, I'd redraw it

trouble with bitmap trace on an image like this is that to get quality you will need an awful lot of shapes, and they will likely not be easy to clean up, by which time you might as well have redrawn it
    Nothing lasts forever...

xyber, you mentioned this image as an example of the kind of 3D head you'd like to create, yet the latest parts of the thread are all about getting the best possible transformation of the image. I think you'd need to get permission from the original artist to proceed this way, since we seem to be moving from inspiration to direct derivative.

agreed
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well guys,

Actually i purchased this royalty-free stock image and if i am not selling it, i do not spot anything in the license agreement that i am not allowed to make changes. And besides, the main reason why i bought it in the first place is to tweak it to my needs right? Where's the problem in that?

Also Steve, i guess what i'm trying to do is to recreate this in my own style with a white background, that's what it is i guess. But i'm not very skillful at it which is perhaps why i am looking for ways to still make it possible...

-Xyber.

Xyber, until you explained your use of the image, anything could have been the case. A lot of people just grab stuff off the net thinking that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Xyber, until you explained your use of the image, anything could have been the case. A lot of people just grab stuff off the net thinking that's OK.
    Quite honestly, i do not see your concern in this matter. You and many others here, can choose to reply or not to reply to my request. Plainly straight, i bought this royalty free image from a stock gallery and i am intending to use it in my marketing for my company. I am not reselling it or making it available for people to use.

Whats your beef? Are you gonna like make if for me now that i answered you? If not, stuff it. In the first place, i was very polite and i explained my intentions of what i had wanted. When queried, i even responded the origin of the image being royalty free after being bought from the stock library.
    1. I am asking for help to find a way to change this image to the way i want it and not for resale
    2. With the methods and ways to come out with something similar, there is surely quite different outcome.

Please explain clearly what you beef is with me or my request to point me in the right direction. Thank you.

-Xyber.

xyber, I have no beef with you. Calm down. You've completely misread my comment as some kind of criticism.