Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: "Out of Memory" :(

Thanks guys, problem solved! Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Megg81 View Post
    Thanks guys, problem solved! Magic
    How did you solve the problem?

Submitted the file to Xara. They optimized the .jpgs - this time without them becoming blurred. The file size has been drastically reduced from 24MB to 5.5MB and the images now remain clear in the pop-up views.

Also they advised that after optimizing, the file needs to be immediately saved and the programme closed then reopened before any more work is done on it. Closing and reopening releases the memory it was using up. Good advice for future use.

I need to reopen this little chestnut again with regard to splitting a site into folders (see earlier in the thread). I had some good advice from Neodeist... but I remain confused... Now I've uploaded the site with Xara for the first time I have a bit more of an understanding, but im doing a rebuild and now I want to split into folders.

So when I publish the site from WD6 I have to upload to a folder called web/content with the host. I will have 1 home page which just has the links to the four business areas, but Im not getting how to publish the four business areas beyond this because I can't figure out what I need to put in the subfolder section.

My main page will be published to web/content (which is where my whole site resides at the mo), but then how about my first business area? web/content/area1? or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?! and how do I link to these different sections from the links on the home page?

You start a new .web file for each category you decide on, this includes pages you create in the file and images etc, and gets published to the relevant folder.

These sub-folders are placed in the same place as your home page.

:-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64