Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Store Locator | H1 tag | text at bottom of page

Store Locator question:
    A client of mine wants me to create a store locator page. Have you ever created one with the search box? (this client is in Lebanon, if that makes a difference)

H1 question:
    I put a placeholder for a header 1 text. When I publish the page the text is not where I placed it on the page. Do you have any hints to have it appear in the correct location?

Text at bottom of the page question:
    I am using the Infrastructure Theme and notice that the copyright sentence at the bottom of the page is "pinned" there. I like it. When I lengthen the page it stays at the bottom. Can you tell me how to do this if I am creating a custom theme?

Thank you!

Default Re: Store Locator | H1 tag | text at bottom of page

I think you will need some type of script for the store locator. The visitor has to enter her or his location and then the locator has to determine from the address, postal code, or whatever where the nearest location or locations are. Google may have something like this and I would check there first.

As far as your H1 tags. This discussion is on-going. I am not sure how important H1 tags are and they are not natively supported by WD.

If you are using Web Designer 7 or Designer Pro 7, a repeating object placed at the bottom or top of the page will automatically maintain its position relative if the page is lengthened.