Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Optimizing PNG's Question Designer Pro 7

Quick question,

I am trying to use PNG for some of my images instead of JPG so they don't 'bleed' into the filled background.

When I come to optimise the image, it is bascally white so I drop it to 256 colours to reduce the file size, there is some shading and 16 colours wont do it.

In the optimise dialogue it says the file size is 6764 bytes, however, when I export the site the image in the web browser is reporting 27941 bytes?

The page I am polaying with is http://www.sbfltd.co.uk/new/upvc-cladding-boards.htm and the image is the white right hand side one.

Thanks

JLT

Default Re: Optimizing PNG's Question Designer Pro 7

well the image on your website is not 256 colours its full 32bit RGB, so maybe the optimisation did not work?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Optimizing PNG's Question Designer Pro 7

I would stick with what you have. Since you don't have a lot of graphics on your page, and since the image is about 28K it is a non problem.

True Color + Alpha will give you a much cleaner edge. You could export your white object over a similar colored background in 250 colors, transparency and error diffusion Dithering but it will not buy you much and the quality will not be as good.